The Alesis Melody 61 keyboard has 61 compact, lightly weighted keys, built-in speakers, and 200 instrument sounds including pianos, strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, mallets, guitars, synthsâ€”even sound effects!
You can layer multiple sounds together in â€œDualâ€ mode, or split two sounds across the keyboard in â€œSplitâ€ mode. Melody 61 also has 10 built-in songs with easy learning tools and 128 built-in accompaniment rhythms that enable you to instantly create songs in a wide variety of genres. You can even record your own songs using the â€œRecordâ€ mode!
Melody 61 includes every accessory that you need to get started and learn to play today. Melody 61 comes with an easy-to-assemble stand, a bench with three adjustable height settings, headphones that automatically mute the speakers for private practice, a power adapter, and even a microphone for singing along while you play!
Melody 61 breaks down the 10 included songs into three learning modes to help you learn them quickly and easily. First, learn the rhythm in â€œOne-Keyâ€ mode. Then learn the notes of the melody in â€œFollowâ€ mode. Finally play the whole song together in â€œEnsembleâ€ mode. Play along with your own favorite songs using the 1/8â€ auxiliary input, or connect a USB drive to the USB input to do it with MP3s.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I play my own music from either the USB port or Auxiliary jack?
Yes you can!Â
- USB:Â Plug in a thumb drive loaded with MP3 files.Â Â Be sure your USB thumb drive is formatted as FAT32. Other formats, such as NTFS, will not work. When adding MP3 files to your USB thumb drive, place them on the root directory of the drive. Do not place them into any folders, or they will not be recognized.
- AUX:Â Use the included auxiliary cord to connect to the headphone output of an ipod or phone.Â
What batteries are required to power the keyboard?
The Melody 61 requires 6 "AA" batteries if not using the power adapter.
How do I use the Rhythm Control feature?Â
- Â Press the Start/Stop button to start the accompaniment rhythm.
- Â Play the keys on the keyboard
- Â Press the Fill-in button for a quick intermediate rhythm part to begin playing.
- Â Press the Start/Stop button to stop the accompaniment rhythm.Â
How do I use the Recording Function?
- Â Press the Rec button to start recording. When the memory is full, the screen will display â€œFULâ€, and recording will automatically stop.
- Â During the recording process, press Play to stop recording. Press Play again to play the recorded notes.
- Â Press Play again to stop playback.Â
- Â Note: The recorded notes will be erased when recording is started again or when the keyboard is turned off.
- Piano: 61 compact, light-weighted keys
- Tones: 200
- Rhythms: 128
- Built-in Songs: 10
- Standard: one voice for keyboard
- Dual: combine two voices
- Split: two areas with separate voices for left or right
- Keyboard percussion
- Volume controls: Master, Chord, Rhythm
- One-key / Follow / Ensemble: yes
- Tempo Control: yes
- Metronome: yes
- Transpose: yes
- Record: yes
- Power: included power adapter for wall power, or six AA batteries (not included)
- Dimensions(height x width x depth):
- Shipping: 34.80â€ x 10.08â€ x 15.72â€
- Keyboard: 33.84â€ x 12.60â€ x 4.08â€
- Shipping: 23.5 lbs
- Keyboard: 6.87 lbs
- Piano: 000-007
- Mallet: 008-015
- Organ: 016-023
- Guitar: 024-031
- Bass: 032-039
- Strings: 040-047
- String Ensemble: 048-055
- Brass: 056-063
- Reeds: 064-071
- Flute: 072-079
- Lead: 080-087
- Pads: 088-095
- FX: 096-103
- Ethnic: 104-111
- Percussion: 112-119
- Sound Effects: 120-128
- Synth Percussion:129-133
- Synth Organ: 134-143
- Synth Guitar: 144-159
- Synth Strings: 160-172
- Synth Reeds: 173-187
- Synth Bass: 188-199
- 8 beat / 16 beat: 000-042
- Ballad: 043-046
- Jazz/European: 047-062
- Latin: 063-100
- March/Polka: 101-106
- Country/Western: 107-113
- Asian: 114-118
- Waltz: 119-127
- Melody 61
- Keyboard Stand
- Power Adapter
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual